Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: why leica?-now kids 'n things
From: "David Medley" <dmedley@whidbey.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 21:23:53 -0700

Nathan,

Make sure you tell them of your approval. In this day and age there are a
lot of people who would not understand the importance of having the camera
in manual mode.

I know that some on the list would cringe and shake their heads but my
little girl (who is now all grown up) at one time ran around the
neighborhood with an M-4 and dual range around her neck. She was around 10
years old when she started and would come home and soup out her own roll of
Tri-X. Of course she had help from dad on occasion but the idea was that
with a little instruction, not all of it concerning photography, she was
trusted to do the right thing at the right times. She never disappointed me
and I still use that M-4 and Dual Range. With a little more time, Kathleen
(now 6 going on 26) will use the same M-4 and Dual Range.

BTW she also played on her mother's 350 year old violin that is worth a
factory full of Leicas.

We've got to start 'em young...........

Cheers,
David Medley