Subject: Re: [Leica] Why Leica?
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 00:02:19 EDT

My first camera was a Leica. An old and battered, express M3 DS with an
equally battered 50/2 Collapsible (taped stuck in fully extended position,
otherwise it wobbled), a card stuck to the back door with cryptic notices
like: Sunny f16/250, not Sunny f8/250, lousy weather f5.6/60 or/1/125 and the
last one" Dark Bars f2 1/15" Tri-X was rated as an ultra fast 200 ASA film
and everything was souped in D 76 1:1 for 10-12 minutes. I got used to the
camera and its ergonomics, I liked the way the prints looked and have
continued to use the M in all its permutations since that fateful day in June
1957 (I was a snot nosed kid of 14). I did use other equipment over the
years, from Minox to Sinar 8-10 and it all has its place when you work, but
for my own stuff it is the M camera that fits my hand and my view of the
world.
Tom A