Subject: Re: [Leica]He should have bought a Leica....
From: "Isaac H Crawford" <eyes1@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 11:32:45 -0400

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Dan S <dstate1@hotmail.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Friday, July 23, 1999 10:49 AM
Subject: [Leica]He should have bought a Leica....

> While visiting a camera shop this week I was witness to a customer tirade
> surrounding a Canon EOS3.
>
> The guy was KICKING his camera equipment all over the floor, and then
> stormed out screeming..."F...... EOS3, I finally get an assignment and the
> ...... thing won't work!"
>
> The guy behind the counter and I stared at each other for a moment, and
then
> he explained that the camera was not working in the PROGRAM mode, and that
> the customer had no idea how to use a camera manually, or in any other
mode.

    Believe me, this happens all the time,,, People come in with their
"Wunder cameras" and have no idea what they have... My favorite was a guy
that came in complaining about his F5. His complaint was that some shots
didn't turn out they way he thought they should... After talking to him, it
turns out that he was doing night time cityscapes, in program, and had CVS
(a drugstore here in the states) develop his film... His question was, "How
do I make them look better?" Keep in mind that he didn't actually bring any
of his pictures with him, so it was a little tough. He didn't have enough
time anyway, he was going to be late for a shoot and he needed film. He
wanted the fastest speed slide film made. I asked him why and he said that
he was shooting the inside of a mall, "and they're pretty dark..." I tried
to explain how the sodium vapor and flourescent lights combined with the
pushed slide film would look less than optimal,but he'd have none of it, he
knew what he needed. The final straw was when he asked me to load the film,
I about exploded trying to keep from laughing...

Isaac