Subject: Re: [Leica]He should have bought a Leica....
From: moorea@andovercontrols.com
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 11:25:03 -0400

> This episode served to reinforce my opinion that new photographers
> "pro" or otherwise are better served learning how to use their BRAIN
> to adjust their little camera knobs and not let the camera think for
> them.

You're not even safe from a simple auto-advance feature.  My *new*
MD-12 motor drive just failed (intermittently) on an assignment two
days ago.  I took the FM2N's for fast focusing and high sync speed
(bright noontime sunlight).  Aside from the light meter, the only
automation was the motor drive, and it let me down.  Next time I'm
leaving the drives at home (and saving all the bulk and weight).

On-topic: I almost took the M6 and 35, but it just wasn't the right
tool for this fast-paced job.  Will take it on a relaxing trip this
weekend and leave the FM2N's at home.

- --Andrew
no archive