Subject: [Leica] Stinky Ponchos
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:16:22 +1200

Hi Jem and all,

I got one of Sherry's stinky poncho's too. I had it in it's bag here in the
study and my partner came down to see what i was doing one day. She
instantly started sniffing saying things like-"Um, i think you might want
to have a look around the room somewhere, 'cause i think the cat may have
left something here for you." Upon opening the poncho the next day to show
it to her, i was met with an exclaimed "That's the smell! That's the smell!
", followed by "Wow, you should tell the Leica guys to get one, they'd be
great for keeping other photographers away from you at press conferences
etc. They wouldn't dare come near you. Oh yeah, he's that stinky Leica guy."
It got washed in the bath for half an hour and still smells a little.

I wore mine last week and it gathered a lot of attention from passing
strangers, so don't get one if you're planning to become the great
invisible photographer. One old gent stopped me on the street to give me a
wink and a congratulations for using Leica and hoped Leica was paying me
for the advertising (If you're listening Leica, I have a very extensive
list of lenses i'd like!). Oh, and the poncho is enormous! I'm a little
guy, so the back of mine, with wrinkles, reads something along the lines of
'Leic the words fist 35mm ra'.

Have a great day!
Gary