Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: magazines
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 18:35:18 +0200

Paul,

There are several good photo magazines. I subscribe to the following:

Photo Techniques (US)--the best photography magazine around, I think. Covers both
the art and the equipment.

Lenswork (US)--focuses on the art aspect.

Camera Arts (US)--also "artsy" but does have equipment stuff as well.

In contrast to some other posters, I think that Amateur Photographer is not that
bad, and certainly much better than its American counterpart, Popular
Photography.

Nathan

Paul Klingaman wrote:

> I haven't heard a positive remark about ANY photo magazine from this list
> since I've joined it.  Granted, that's not so long ago, but are there ANY
> good magazines out there IYHO?  How is Aperture?  I picked up the
> Cartier-Bresson book for 11 dollars, hardcover(what a bargain!), and was
> temped by the subscription insert.  40 bucks for 4 issues seems pricey.  Is
> it worth it?  How big is the quarterly, and what is the usual content?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul Klingaman

- --
Nathan Wajsman