Subject: [Leica] Re: 28 pc
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 16:18:00 -0700

You do not have to hold anything. And the direction will become imminently
obvious in the first half second of use. If the lens stops down (ground
glass goes dark) when changing f/stops, the lever is in the "take a reading
and take a picture position." If the screen stays bright no matter where
you put the f/stop ring, the lever is in the "focus" position.

You focus with the lever in the focus position, then move the lever to the
stop down position, take a meter reading  (set the exposure), and take a
picture.

Jim