Subject: [Leica] SL meter power
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 20:06:13 -0400

- -------------------- Begin Original Message --------------------

Message text written by Julian Koplan:

"How do you power the SL meter,  and if it isn't the original type of power
source, how well does it work?
"

I'm still using a mercury battery.  I bought a spare from Sherry last year
when she CLA'd my SL.  I briefly tried a 625A alkaline battery and it game
me readings that were about 1/4 stop different (underexposed) across the
entire metering range.  No telling how it would age.

BTW my mother has 10 grandchildren and she keeps their ages & birthdays
straight.  She says she has a mathematical system for remembering all of
'em; beats me how she does it.

Doug Herr
Sacramento