Subject: Re: [Leica] New Cosina Voigtlander lenses
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 16:04:46 +0800

Henning J. Wulff wrote:

> I don't read Japanese, but I believe the pictures on the page supposedly
> showing the 75/2.5 are actually more pictures of the 35/1.7; the pictures
> on the main page, though, suggest the 75 is only slightly longer. Is the
> price of about 50,000 yen with finder?

You are right, the wrong lens is shown: the one illustrated is 35/1.7,
not the 75/2.5.  Well spotted!

The price for the chrome Heliar 75/2.5 is 50,000 Yen and 53,000 Yen for
the black finish.  The finder is another 19,500 Yen.  For most M
shooters, the 75mm finder is not essential because of the built-in frame
lines.  However, it will be handy for my M6J/T which lacks the 75mm
frame.

> I take it the weight is 230gm, closest focussing is 1m, filter thread is
> 43mm (ugh!) and length is 64.5mm overall, and 55.5mm from the flange? This
> is guesswork, going through the jumble my browser presents me with.

I think you are correct on all counts, my Japanese is quite rusty!

Cheers,
Joseph