Subject: Re: [Leica] New Cosina Voigtlander lenses
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 23:10:30 -0700

Joseph,

>Some of you may be interested in taking a look at the following web site
>regarding the three new Cosina Voigtlander lenses, as well as four new
>finders:
>
>http://www.cosina.co.jp/l-lenses
>
>You or your browser may not read Japanese, but at least the photos are
>pretty.

I don't read Japanese, but I believe the pictures on the page supposedly
showing the 75/2.5 are actually more pictures of the 35/1.7; the pictures
on the main page, though, suggest the 75 is only slightly longer. Is the
price of about 50,000 yen with finder?

I take it the weight is 230gm, closest focussing is 1m, filter thread is
43mm (ugh!) and length is 64.5mm overall, and 55.5mm from the flange? This
is guesswork, going through the jumble my browser presents me with.

Thanks for the pointer; this is a lens I'm interested in. The 15 Heliar is
getting a lot of use, and the small 75 is another lens which fills a gap in
the Leica line.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com