Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: new to list
From: "Hermann" <crystal@loxinfo.co.th>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 07:09:09 +0700

Hermann-
AHA! A new fresh brain to pick!
Welcome to the monkey house!
Dan

Thanks Dan,  where are the bananas ? :-)

Many Leica owners seem to loom at their cameras more like icons than as
tools. I find the optics to be the best available in 35mm and the greatest
advantage of the M system is that one can shoot without letting everybody
know by holding that huge camera with zap bam zoom up with a motor winder
that sounds like a formula one car - which kind of describes my Canon gear.

Another advantage is that while climbing the Cologne cathedral and all its
892 or so steps going round in a tide circle one doesn't have to lug 25KG of
gear + tripod up there, which are the moments when i thank the great camera
maker for their invention :-)

To be honest though - please no stones - as far as my Canon N1 gear goes, in
the situations i need it, i wouldn't want any other, incl. the R8 -

Hermann Moll
Photographic on-line Portfolio at:
http://www.photo-expressions.com - e-mail: info@photo-expressions.com
Documentary - editorial -  travel - stock, commercial & assignment
Photography
Don't miss a visit to see the latest addition to my on-line portfolio