Subject: Re: [Leica] Re : Metz Flash on M6
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 02:19:57 +0800

dibble wrote:

> Hi Leica users,
> I would like to use a Metz Flash on a recently
> acquired Leica M6.
>
> I might be able to purchase a used SCA 3501 (the
> chap in the shop said it was for the Leica R System).
>
> Is the SCA 3501 compatible with the M6? Also is the
> SCA 3501 the latest module for the Metz on a M6?
>
> Thank you.
> Henry.

Henry,

You didn't say which M6 you have.  If it is a M6 TTL, you should get a
Metz flash with a SCA 3501 module.  SCA 3501 is for M6 TTL and R8.
Alternatively, you can get the Leica SF20 flash which has SCA 3501
built-in.

If you M6 is a non-TTL classic version, then any flash with auto
thyristor will do, as you will not benefit from the TTL features of the
SCA 3501 system.

Bests,

Joseph