Subject: [Leica] What's An OD?
From: "Clompus, Dr. Richard [INN]" <RCLOMPUS@INNUS.JNJ.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 09:25:48 -0400

John asked,

		I'm curious. What is an "OD" ?

		An OD degree is doctor of optometry in the U.S.  I went 4
years undergrad with a BS in Biology, then 4 years optometry resulting in an
OD degree and finally a 1 year residency in a University Hospital system.
After twenty years of private practice, I decided to work for Johnson and
Johnson and now find myself learning a whole new vocabulary - like reduction
of negative variance, ROI and org charts.  Its actually quite exciting to
have new challenges and I still get to photograph along the way.  My job
involves educating 40,000 eye docs in the U.S, about new lenses we will be
introducing to help folks see better.  Quite exciting stuff.

		Best regards,

		Richard Clompus, OD