Subject: RE: [Leica] Summilux 50mm/1.4 for over $3000
From: Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 11:34:51 -0400

- ------ =_NextPart_001_01BECE0E.69E8E5D0

If the doctor discovered a very rare coin (valued at, say, $3000) amoungst
his loose change, would he use it to buy groceries for its face value (as
it was intended to be used), or sell it to a coin collector?

Dan C.

I presume the good Doctor would sell it, but that isn't the question.  The
question is would he BUY it.  I think that any photographer, as opposed to
collector, who FOUND a collectors grade Leica item would sell it and invest
in equipment for use.  But then, I take pictures with an M6HM.  However, I
do not want to presume to speak for the Doctor.

	Buzz Hausner

- ------ =_NextPart_001_01BECE0E.69E8E5D0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.0.1460.9">
<TITLE>RE: [Leica] Summilux 50mm/1.4 for over $3000</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>If the doctor discovered a very rare coin (valued at, =
say, $3000) amoungst</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>his loose change, would he use it to buy groceries =
for its face value (as</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>it was intended to be used), or sell it to a coin =
collector?&nbsp; </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Dan C.</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I presume the good Doctor would sell it, but that =
isn't the question.&nbsp; The question is would he BUY it.&nbsp; I =
think that any photographer, as opposed to collector, who FOUND a =
collectors grade Leica item would sell it and invest in equipment for =
use.&nbsp; But then, I take pictures with an M6HM.&nbsp; However, I do =
not want to presume to speak for the Doctor.</FONT></P>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT SIZE=3D2>Buzz =
Hausner </FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>