Subject: [Leica] GeoCities warning
From: "Harold Gess" <gess@icon.co.za>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 17:12:39 +0200

Hi Luggers

I'm not sure if any of you have sites hosted by GeoCities, but I found this
report very disturbing and thought that I should bring it to your attention.

http://publishing.about.com/library/weekly/aa070199.htm

It describes how Geo Cities is making users agree to the company having
rights to anything on their web pages  for "the royalty-free, perpetual,
irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sublicensable right and license to use,
reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from,
distribute, perform and display such Content (in whole or part) worldwide
and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology
now known or later developed."

Best wishes

Harold

(©¿©)

You can send a short text message to my cellphone by sending e-mail to
0837004303@sms.co.za.
Please ensure that mail sent for this purpose is in plain text only.

My e-mail addresses are as follows:

haroldgess@journalist.com

gess@icon.co.za

Please use either of these to reach me and, lest you lose sight of it, have
a nice day!