Subject: Re: [Leica] Which to choose, SL or SL2?
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 00:39:38 -0500

Tom,
Here is your original post.  You can see why I disagreed it.   BTW, the SL/2
brochure clearly states that the rangefinder was added to aid in focusing
w/a lenses:
>The viewfinder on the SL is among the brightest ever made, a HUGE prism
with >heavy silver on it. It is bright and contrasty (and if it isn't, it is
shot and don't buy >the camera,  or pay very little for it) and works well
with shorter and normal >lenses.
>?It  is more difficult to focus loner lenses with this screen (up to the
100/2,8
>it works fine). If you are going to be using the long lenses, 180/3.4 and
longer, go >for the SL2.