Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V10 #17
From: Jeffcoat Photography <jeffcoatphoto@sumter.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 11:35:29 -0400

Hello! I spent 2 yrs working for a small town daily and did a few important? folks-
Nixon and Billy Graham, Bust Crab, and Martin Luther King's Widow (the ? mark is for
Nixon only), but mostly everyday people who had their moment of glory. Most of the
time (99.99%) they were all very willing and very very happy for the attention.
Every once in awhile we had some breaking story that you covered and you didn't ask,
may I, but I always found that if you remember the golden rule ( this applies to the
subject as well as your fellow Fotog's) you got a lot more cooperation than if you
acted like a lot of the Arsh's I see in the news today. So for the past 30 yr. I've
always tried very hard to respect others space and tried to get the images that I
was hired to shoot. Most of the time I find this gentle approach works very very
very very well. Never have liked being in a crowd of pushy jerks who think hey have
some God given right (because of the right to free speech) to treat others the way
they like all in the name of the all mighty BUCK! That's really what it boils down
to. Look at the wonderful and full of life candid work HCB and others of his time. I
really don't think he grabbed people by the arm holding on while he sent his motor
drive in to over drive (don't think he used one anyway). So this is just a off the
cuff comment to this posting from an old press dog who's been there and done that.
Thanks for your comments DY.
Cheers Wilber