Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica's woes(?)
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 15:35:16 +0400

A.H.SCHMIDT wrote:

> Dan S wrote:
>
> > So, you got a replacement of a 2000+ dollar camera on request.  I'd
> say that
> > is pretty good service. Try that with Nikon...
> >

> Big deal, "pretty good service". If I buy a $2000 camera, I expect a
> $2000 service. If I buy a $25 camera, I can only expect a $25 service.
> It has  got nothing to do what lousy - as I read between the lines
> from your comment - service Nikon provides. If you know beforehand,
> that the service is not up to scratch, why buy it? However,  from a
> manufacturer, who prides himself, to have the best cameras, you would
> expect nothing, but the best service.  If you actually get it, you
> don't have to crawl and suck up to them, just because you received,
> what should be normal anyway.

What are you making noise about? The original poster got the service you
believe he is entitled to. Only he thinks to have been wrongfully dealt
with after getting his $2000 service. And in every transaction, both
parties have to stay polite; I don't see the connection to "crawl and
suck up".

So what is *your* problem, Horst?

Bernard