Subject: Re: [Leica] R5
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 23:43:05 -0700

Dave Yoder wrote:
><snip>
> Dave Yoder
>
> p.s. Though it was a great movie (and a better short-story, IMHO), I was
> appalled by the movie "Blow Up." Maybe what is now an unfortunate
> stereotype was a novel character role when it came out. Regardless, it
> feels like I've spent half my career overcoming that kind of image
> people expect from photographers.

Adding to the fact that some photographers coming out of that generation
thought this was our role model...
Being a photographer a license to be an general creep. You've heard of
cool geeks? Well this was a cool creep.
But he was redeemed when he threw the mime back his invisible tennis
ball at 6 AM.
How close or better or different was the short story and what was it
called and who wrote it?
Mark Rabiner