Subject: Re: [Leica] lenses and saturation
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 20:02:04 -0400

PLEASE DON'T DO THIS TO ME ( too often ) !

I'LL SCREAM MYSELF GREEN WITH LEICA PRODUCT ENVY !

	Vivid color saturation
	Crisp -- high acutance
	Shadow detail
	Extended contrast curves
	Detailed highlights

	That's rubbing it in way deep !!!
	As if we did not notice from the first time
	we saw Leica originated shots.

	You lucky dogs !

	I deserve a Leica. I want a Leica. I'll get my own Leica.
	Someday, somehow, real soon.

	Andre Jean Quintal

At 14:50 -0700 08/07/99, Francesco wrote:
>My fiancee and I went to Southeast Asia and France together last year
>(2 separate trips of course), and I worked with my R8 and M6 while she
>worked with her F5.  I found the same differences between images we
>captured simultaneously.  Leica slides (Astia and Velvia) are much
>more vivid, crisp, and saturated, and I find much more details in
>shadows and highlights in the Leica slides as well.  Nikon slides seem
>to turn jet black and snow white quicker than Leica slides. In the Leica
>slides, the transition is much more gradual, leading to more visible detail
>the extremes.
>
>Francesco

   "Of course, everybody knows pigs rule this World."

		Miss Piggy, in a private interview
		leading to her authorized life story.