Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V10 #5
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 07:51:35 -0400

Dave Yoder wrote:

Can anyone give me advice on the best R-50mm Summicron to buy (used)?
Like, what serial numbers to look for, which is a genuine improvement
over the rest and what the serial numbers are (I couldn't tell from
Erwin's site after about 1980 or so. I presume it's been improved since
then...)
<<<

Dave, just look for the 55mm filter thread and the right cams for your
body.  The earliest (German) ones using Series VI filters are good but more
prone to flare than the one designed in Canada using 55mm filters.  There
is no reason to improve on the 1976 model.

Doug Herr
Sacramento