Subject: [Leica] Re: R8 = R.I.P ?
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 00:35:12 -0400

- -------------------- Begin Original Message --------------------

Message text written by INTERNET:leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

"> But I have an easier time spitting out your "something to hold film." It
> says all that is needed to say. Mark Rabiner

Too simple! It's how flat is the film held, how is it transported and
in what condition does it leave the camera.
"

Certainly "something to hold film" does not mean "any ol'piece of junk I
can put film in".  It was a difficult decision at the time, but the lens
was my primary focus (pun intended).  The 400 f/6.8 was the reason I first
bought a Leica reflex body; the SL is the reason I sold my N****s and
N***** lenses.  Regardless of the reliability problems of the early R3
bodies, the SL is IMHO a much better film holder, at least for the 400,
than the R3.

Doug Herr
Sacramento