Subject: Re: [Leica] Second body (NOT back-up)
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 14:19:08 -0700

Christer Almqvist wrote:
><snip>
> I guess a few LUGgers have gone through this, and I would be interested to
> share their experience. It boils down to the question: Does a second body
> significantly increase the number of good pictures?

Yes it really does.
Combinations:
Same film type in each but:
1. Different lens on each body, having an extra body means you are not
twirling your rewind crank while all important hell is breaking loose.
Different film in each body.
2. Color as well as black and white in case you come across such a color
statement that you feel like a real idiot shooting it in black and white.
3. A roll of slow "Quality" film with you in the second body: Agfapan 25
or TMax 100 in case the sun comes out and you want all the detail you
can get or:
you actually have your tripod with you anyway and it's a small detail
orientated shot.
4. An extra body with trasparancies for stock or slideshows.
5. An extra body with infrared so you can say "And now for something
compleatly different"
6. An extra body with NO film in it so the other body doesn't break. One
body will protect the other body as others have just said just like an
umbrella will prevent rain.
Mark Rabiner