Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux Gloom-Buster VS 75mm f/1.4 ...
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 15:51:56 EDT

mrabiner@concentric.net writes:

<< I'm wondering what the difference would be a say 4 feet away DOF wise
 both lenses wide open?
 My hunch is the Noct would give you about 1 inch front to back and the
 75 would give you 2.
 Am I close?
 Mark Rabiner >>

My guess is that at equal distances the 75's longer focal length would wash
with the 50's wider aperture and the DOF might be pretty darn close.  The DOF
issue is a pretty small one.  I should've prioritized my list.  Having one
fast, large, heavy lens in between 50 and 90 for the rare occasions I use it
was my far-and-away main reason for getting the 75.

DT