Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux Gloom-Buster VS 75mm f/1.4 ...
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 14:47:31 EDT

mrabiner@concentric.net writes:

<< A dozen years ago BL (before Leica's) I got a new 50 1.4 Al for the
 Nikon and I shoot for a week for it a whole on location fashion issue
 for a local paper here. I did not take that lens off there camera >>

A really big proportion of people who started in 35mm photography as
hobbyists in the 60's or early 70's still feel the most comfortable with a
50.  For a lot of us it was our only lens for a good while, until we could
afford another one, which was most likely a 135.  To this day, if I could
have only one lens, period, I'd have to choose a 50 (or its equivalent in
another format), for no other reason than I've got more experience making it
"make do" than any other focal length.

DT