Subject: Re: [Leica] Peru & Lori Berenson
From: "Harold Gess" <gess@icon.co.za>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 20:49:15 +0200

Hi

While I know nothing about the individual, Lori Berenson, I think it is
strange how people jump to all sorts of conclusions based on `name-tags'
given people by other people. As a South African, I am painfully aware that
Nelson Mandela and many members of our present government were imprisoned
for many years as terrorists. Even many members of the media were harassed
and imprisoned here and labelled as terrorists for showing the truth.
Meanwhile the most despicable acts of terror were conducted by the apartheid
regime which was for many years covertly befriended by many western nations
such as the USA and UK.

Let us not jump to hasty hasty conclusions in either direction when viewing
Lori Berenson unless we have enough multi-sided information to decide her
case for ourselves, and let us not relegate each other to the trash bin over
our differences.

Best wishes

Harold
(©¿©)

You can send a short text message to my cellphone by sending e-mail to
0837004303@sms.co.za.
Please ensure that mail sent for this purpose is in plain text only.

My e-mail addresses are as follows:

haroldgess@journalist.com

gess@icon.co.za

Please use either of these to reach me and, lest you lose sight of it, have
a nice day!