Subject: Re: [Leica] Russar 20/5.6 ??
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@mail.wm.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 10:27:38 -0400

Bob,

There're *many* examples of the 20/5.6 on my website (URL in
signature).  Look in the Netherlands section under Photography.

I use it on a IIIf.  Great lens!  In my view . ..

CHandos

At 09:17 AM 7/7/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>Well-
>I wanted wide angle; couldn't afford an SA, Couldn't wait for a Heliar- won
>a Russar 20mm on E-bay.....(yes, I'm given to impulse bidding!)
>Any comments from anyone who might own this? The price seems reasonable...
>around $380... AND comes with finder and caps! (noticed from the seller's
>address that he's a dentist- god love the health profession for used
>equipment!!)
>So, any comments from happy/unhappy owners? The only experience I have with
>'really-wides' is a Vivitar 19mm with a Canon FD mount (distinct corner
>vignetting!)
>
>Regards to all,
>
>Bob Keene

Chandos Michael Brown
Assoc. Prof., History and American Studies
College of William and Mary

http:www.wm.edu/CAS/ASP/faculty/brown