Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Travel Security
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 03:19:50 -0700

Hi Carl,
Nope, no hot shoe module.  The 2800 is just a cheap little auto-thyristor
with a bounce head.  The hot shoe isn't interchageable, and I don't believe
it has any electronics for dedication anyway.  Think I paid all of $30 or so
for it.

<snip>
Does the Vivitar 2800 flash require a dedicated hot shoe module? And, if
so, what do you use on the Leica M6? I've seen them priced in B&H and it
seems to indicate that you do need the module. TIA.
- --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/