Subject: Re: [Leica] 11817
From: P2CON@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 13:39:58 EDT

Boy, am I glad for the posts regarding this lens from the likes of DonjR,
Erwin, and DT.  Luckily, I was able to beat the trash pickup man this morning
to retrieve my 11817 Summicron. Only had to wipe off some melon seeds and it
looks as good as before. My faith in Leitz glass is renewed. It will go back
into the bag alongside the 50 Summicron Collapsible, (my family party pic
lens).

Thanks to all for the response, and especially to Erwin for the rational
comparison of this lens to the other 50 Summicrons he has tested so
thoroughly.

Regards, Paul Connet