Subject: Re: [Leica] Photos
From: "TSL" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 15:37:33 -0400

<<SNIP>>
 It is nice to be able to transmit photos over the wire but the
quality is destroyed and Brownie box camera quality is what results.  I
could
not even find an eyelash or hair in the photos that I examined.  What should
have been detail was just a blob.  Kind of like looking at a tree from a few
hundred yards away.  No leaves, just a blob.
<SNIP>
>I am presently checking out my 21 mm ASPH, 35 mm Summicron ASPH and 135 mm
APO, and the negatives really look good but they were shots of high contrast
subjects, in bright light, with EFKE KB 25 and Tech Pan from a solid tripod
and then processed in T.E.C. or a Willi Beutler derivative for sharpness. >
Hey, that brownie box camera?  Where does one find it?
ohh...  I of course agree in any case.  But isn't it more of a problem with
those of us who shoot only slides (100VS, Kodachrome, Velvia,etc)?  I think
they are both faced with this, but (I may be wrong on this...) doesn't the
element of color, factored in, present even greater difficulty?  It's tough
enough but when the precision of a red is demanded i'd think this is
compounding the issue...?