Subject: Re: [Leica] ideal SINGLE lens for M6HM
From: "TSL" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 15:16:04 -0400

Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net> wrote:

>>Yes although I wouldn't turn down one of those newly styled Nikon
lenses, the 80-200 matching the 28-80 I think the numbers go.
They seem deadly functional. But I haven't shot with a zoom in years, I
played with one for five minutes on the road a few months back. An
indispensable tool for most, a key to mediocrity for me.
Mark Rabiner>>

  and of course I am still thinking about the 35-70/2.8 - which is not
relatively so big...
But I don't think I'd still keep the 35/2-R - I'd put it in the money bin
(if I had one) and lower...the price of the asph zoomer.
Speaking of zoom, what can be said about the 70-210 that was manufactured in
Japan?  How bad is it?  Or is not too bad?  It weighs as much as the lens
cap.  It feels 'very' unLeica, but then again how does it compare?  I've no
intention of buying one... but may use one here and there.