Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica swing-out polarizer
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 15:53:17 EDT

In a message dated 7/3/99 10:15:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
sandyquandt@centuryinter.net writes:

<< I've read that Leica includes
 adapter rings and that the polarizer can be used with lenses that take 39mm
and
 46mm filters. Can it also be used with lenses that take a 60mm filter? Any
 other input regarding experiences with the polarizer would be most
appreciated! >>

Leica also sells a second (extended) 46 adaptor for the 135 Tele-Elmar as
well as a 49mm adaptor for the 3rd generation 28 Elmarit and the new 135 APO.
 There are no Leica adaptors for 55 or 60.  However, using plans I read
about, I constructed a homemade 55mm adaptor I used with my 90 Summicron
until I sold it.  The only 55mm lens I have now is the 21 ASPH and I haven't
tried it on that one to see if it vignettes. (Polarizers sometimes do funny
things on ultra-wide angles).

DT