Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica swing-out polarizer
From: "Ernest Nitka" <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 10:58:48 -0400

sandy - I have had the polarizer for about a year without really using it.
with this last vacation I was able to use it and found that it was not at
all bad.  I had trained myself to use a standard polarizer and to play with
the filter to adjust it until the diodes gave the least light- works but
with some subjects this might not be the most advatageous degree of
polarization.  Hence the swing out gives you a true picture of what will be
on the film.  I am therefore happy with the purchase - just wished they had
more sizes - I only have the standard 39 and 46mm but would like to have 55
mm for the TriElmar - for this lens I use the standard linear polarizer
technique.

Ernie