Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Travel Security
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horst.schmidt@actek.com.au>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 19:42:44 +1000

InfinityDT@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 7/2/99 10:42:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> bburnett@bitcorp.net writes:
>
> << Tourists have been dragged to death in Rome by this method.
>   >>

> Must've been any awfully dinky tourist or else a thief on a Harley using a
> grappling hook roped to the handlebars.  At 6'4", 265 lbs. I'd like to see
> someone come by on a scooter, grab my waistpack with one hand and drag me
> helplessly to my death.
> DT

  This is correct. many people have been badly injured. Maybe it can't happen
to you, but then not everybody weighs probably 300 pounds and is at the same
time always alert and ready for anything. You have probably traveled
extensively in Rome and know all the pitfalls and the workings of the crooks
there by hart. Whereas the normal unsuspecting traveler who may be surprised
by one of those backhanded attacks, is not as fortunate as you.
I would say you should be able to make a small fortune, by hiring yourself to
the unsuspecting traveler and protecting them with the help of your weight and
foresight.

Regards Horst Schmidt