Subject: Re: [Leica] About the 35 mm f:1.4 pre-ASPH
From: Dan S <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 20:49:25 GMT

It is only worth the cost if you REALLY need f1.4.  The new Summicron 35 is
an amazing lens, and with the money you save you could buy a used 50 or
whatever else turns you on...

Your experience with the older 35 is normal.  I owned one of these and it is
not a great lens if accurate reproduction is your goal.  Some have written
that they LIKE the effect that the flare and coma give at wider apertures.
I did not, and sold the lens after several months.

Good luck
Dan