Subject: [Leica] Re: Tripod attachment
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 10:03:49 -0400

Yes, I saw this. I was not aware that Tom was working on such a project. It
looks like a good idea.

Ken Wilcox

At 01:53 PM 7/1/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Thanks Ken,
>
>I'm also waiting to see what further development comes of Tom A.'s
>Rapidwinder Grip as described in a posting to Carl Socolow on Wed, 30
>Jun 1999 21:31:06 EDT:
>
>"The current (latest) incarnation of the Rapidwinder housing has a 2nd
>tripod bushing machined in it, in the same position as the traditional
>Leica baseplate. This should enable you to put a mounting plate on the
>winder housing and still clear the lever. This was not the intention
>when I incorporated the 2nd bushing, it is there to allow the
>Rapidwinder Grip to be
>mounted on the Rapidwinder (once the design is finalised and I have a
>chance to make a prototype and check the fit and design use).
>Unfortunately, this can only be adapted to the M6 housing, on the M2
>housing it would interfere with the drive-mechanism. I probably will
>make a couple of the Grips that can be permanently adapted to M2
>Rapidwinders, but it will not be a "regular" production item."
>
>Regards,
>Bee Lian
>
>Ken Wilcox wrote on Wed, 30 Jun 1999 15:53:19 -0400:
>
>> The M grip is very light, maybe 50-75g. It is easy to put on or remove
as it just screws into the tripod socket (no tools). It does not have to be
removed to load the camera.
>> The Rapidwinder is heavier, but also adds utility. I have one on my M6
all the time. It replaces the baseplate. (They cannot be used at the same
time.)
>> Ken Wilcox

Ken Wilcox					Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LAW LHSA MEA						          <wilcox@tir.com>