Subject: [Leica] Re: Tripod attachment
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 15:53:19 -0400

The M grip is very light, maybe 50-75g. It is easy to put on or remove as
it just screws into the tripod socket (no tools). It does not have to be
removed to load the camera.

The Rapidwinder is heavier, but also adds utility. I have one on my M6 all
the time. It replaces the baseplate. (They cannot be used at the same time.)

Ken Wilcox

At 11:07 AM 6/30/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Thanks Mark C., Ken W., Patrick M., and Mark R.:
>
>Sounds like i have several options to play with, two of which i may
>actually have to purchase. In the case of the M grip and the
>rapidwinder, how much additional weight will this add to my gear. I'm
>assuming that the grip/rapidwinder will be a permanent attachment as too
>much hassle to take off/on. Where can i view the M grip on the web?
>
>And Mark R., how does the off centre tripod position help you? Doesnt
>the weight of just the M6 alone cause the tripod to lean to one side --
>kinda unstable assuming that i'm not using the tripod as a monopod.
>What "simple small round tripod head, probably ball head" do you
>recommend?
>
>Thanks again everyone!
>bee lian

Ken Wilcox					Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LAW LHSA MEA						          <wilcox@tir.com>