Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: GeoCities Yahoo
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 12:29:32 -0700

Gary Elshaw wrote:

> Then again there is the Swiftian meaning to this, which can mean
> we're better than than everything else. Horses for courses I guess.
>
> Mark wrote:
>
> "Basically the invocation of the name "Yahoo" worldwide has to do with
> things catastrophic. <Snip>"
>
> Gary

I never knew Tom Swift was fond of that Expression, I've read all those
books! Tom Swift junior in my case.
I rigged up a flashlight bulb with two wires to a battery under the
covers to do it. My eyesight hasn't been the same since.
maybe you are referring to:
Swift (sw*ft), Gustavus Franklin. 1839-1903.
American meatpacker who was the first to use refrigerated railroad cars (1877).
or
Swift, Jonathan. 1667-1745.
Irish-born English writer known for his satirical works, including
Gulliver's Travels (1726) and A Modest Proposal (1729).

Speaking of mistaken identities perhaps people on this list should
specify which Mark is their subject:
Mark Rabiner: Me
Mark Newport, new guy
Mark Cohen, newer guy
Marc James Small, been around guy, He's been addressed as "Mark" plenty
of times.
Our posts overlapped on the cold light head and I don't know jack about
Costa Rica.
Mark Rabiner
Hey Mark!
Hey Tom!