Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: GeoCities Yahoo
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 17:33:52 -0700

DonjR43198@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/30/99 5:55:07 PM Central Daylight Time,
> ohlen@lightspeed.net writes:
>
> << whoops,
><snip>
> What you better watch out for is paragraph number 8 which is an unlimited
> indemnification agreement that can strip you of everything you own or will
> ever own should Yahoo let someone take a judgment against Yahoo for liability
> that you either caused or someone says you caused.  Only dolts would sign
> such an agreement.

Basically the invocation of the name "Yahoo" worldwide has to do with
things catastrophic.
The heavens falling and the sea and rivers spilling over and a shadow of
clouds or death, vermin and when a brilliant star appeared.
The name Yahou was a surname given to the Chinese Emperor Fang-heun
during a time of great groaning by the earth.
At the same time on the Western Hemisphere according to the ancestors of
the Indians that lived there
"all mankind lifted the sky little by little at the repeated shouting
"Yahu," which rang all over the world."
Similar events are recalled in Indonesia. "In Mexica Yao or Yaot! is the
god of war"
This above stuff mostly from Velikovsky's "Worlds in Collision."
It's about the number one last word or sound a person from planet earth
would want to hear or have to say. At best a word which should be saved
for special occasions like when the sky is falling.
I would be reluctant to get involved with an entitity that would
thoughtlessly name themselves that.
Mark Rabiner