Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarging...
From: Paul Klingaman <pklingaman@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 07:13:37 PDT

Mark,

Are you filtering the cold light source in any way(VC head or otherwise)?
When I swith from condenser to cold light, exposure time increases, but not
as substantially as you are describing.  Did you allow the cold light to
warm up before printing? 2 minutes at f2.8 seems awfully long to me.  For
refence, my exposure times are generally ~15 seconds at f5.6 using 35mm
negative, and 50mm lens, 8x10 printed full frame using condenser, ~20
seconds with cold light.

- -Paul