Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarging...
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 18:04:09 -0700

Mark Cohen wrote:

> Any of you who do your own black and white printing, have you noticed a
> difference in the general exposure time you are using?
>
> I recently used a rental darkroom.. first time in years. The negs I was
> printing were properly exposed 400 (Kodaks b/w film developed in color
> chemestry)
>
> When printed in the cold light head the exposures were 120 seconds at f2.8
> but when I printed them in a condencer it was more like 30 at f5.6
>
> Both times I printed on the same paper : Agfa Insignia FB 11x14 at full
> frame.
>
> The chemicals were all fresh and at the same dilution.
>
> Thanks..
>
> Mark

Some papers, especially warm ones are not fond of certain cold lights
with certain bulbs.
My older non VC Aristo didn't like that paper either. It also was not
fond of the Forte warm VC.
A VC cold light head is less finicky in its spectral output in effect
with two differently colored bulbs involved.
Just about any paper seems usable with my new VC Aristo head.
Also if your lab made the mistake of putting a yellow filter 40y into
the head it cuts way back on usable frequencies involved.
Mark Rabiner
What's the frequency Dan?