Subject: [Leica] "FIAVI" bracket for centering Leica on tripod/panorama
From: MGMcGough@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 22:03:21 EDT

Many moons ago, Leitz made several versions of a bracket that
centered the Leica on a graduated rotating pan head.

It would then rotate on its center axis rather than the off-set
tripod socket.  The bracket even had a provision for a spezial
spirit level, for which I can understand the importance --------
but for the life of me, I can't comprehend the importance of the
rotation being off the center socket rather than the side one.

Would some one please be so kind as to explain this to me??

Mary (de Milo)