Subject: [Leica] Back from Santa Fe
From: "Ernest Nitka" <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 19:28:22 -0400

Have returned to the real world of work but not before enjoying a week in
Sanat fe and colorado.  every vacation I agonize over which camera/lens to
take.  Last year it was going to be a SLR until an hour before departure
when i grabbed the CLE.  This year I started out saying that i really need
to become one with my M6 ( it was also about to run out of the Passport
coverage so what better time to take it across the continent)

I finally settled on M6 with 35f2 summicron (non-asph) along with the very
small 90 tele-elmarit.  I would say that 95% of the shots were done with the
35.  I don't think I missed any shots that I would have had with any of
camera - undoubetedly I missed some shots but this was my fault.  Used the
new swing out polarizer and
found this to be easy to use all things considered.

film taken was a mixture which I know is not what is advised:

Kodak 100 VS - awesome colors espec. with the polarizer in the southwest's
blue skies.

Scala, Hight Speed Infrared - the M series is the ideal IR camera,
a roll of HP5+, a roll of Trix, 4 rolls of Delta 3200 and even some Seattle
Film Works stuff.

After having asked the group about Delta 3200 and HC110B times and being
told no times or temps but just that I shouldn't use this combo I'm here to
tell you it is quite OK to use delta 3200 with HC110B.  I use EI= ~1000 and
developed 68f for the 8 minutes advised.  To my uncritical eye the negs are
fine.  grain is noticeable but not in a bad way.

went to Andrew Smith Gallery on San Francisco St in Santa Fe and saw some
amazing photos for sell.  None of the Ansel Adams were going for less than
$10,000 - most were in the 25-35 K range.  Saw 4 HCB prints ea going for
about 4 K.  I fell in love but alas couldn't afford some prints by O.
Winston Link the famouse rail photographer.

anyway I am hoping that I grabbed enough photo material to last me and my
darkroom until next year!

Ernie