Subject: Re: [Leica] Quick Load Kit.
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horst.schmidt@actek.com.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 19:14:00 +1000

Marc James Small wrote:
Snip:

> AThis is the 1426o "Quick-Load" Kit.  It was a rather total bust on the
> market-place:  many Leica users of the '60's referred to it as the
> "neverload" kit because of its vile nature.  I bought one once, put it on
> my M3 for six months and finally got it to work right.  Then, I took it off
> and went back to the utterly sane normal M3 system, and sold the
> "neverload" kit to a collector for about twice what I'd paid for it.
>
> Marc

  Marc, you're dead right. I mounted them on 2  M3s. About half a year later, I
used my 3rd M3 without the Quick load kit, and found the film loaded quicker,
saver and easier. Plus I did not forget to set the counter to zero. Also on
rewind the film didn't want to let go when the end was reached. It sometimes
even broke a bit off. Not now anymore, after everything is converted back to
original.

Regards, Horst Schmidt