Subject: Re: [Leica] Fluorescent filtration
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 10:29:12 -0700

Rob Schneider-Laura Tully wrote:

> Try though I will to avoid it, I may find myself in a situation soon
> where I will be shooting chromes under fluorescent lighting.  What are
> the popular recommendations for on-the-fly filtration.  I'm not going
> to have the time to carefully correct the lights; I just need to tone
> down the green.  Anyone have experience with the B+W FL-Day?  What
> about a CC40M?  (No one seems to have off-the-rack 39mm and 46mm
> CC30M's).
>
> Thanks,
> Rob Schneider

I've got one somewhere but this is all about going there and shooting a test.
After that you can correct from there or try another brand. Sing-Ray is
a high end filter company with specializes in Fluorescent filters so
maybe theirs is better. Most Pros use various magenta filters or filter
gel packs.
You walk into one K mart and your B+W FLd will make it look great, cross
the street to the 7/11 and god knows what color that will come out. I'm
glad I never had to do much of that stuff. Life's too short. Green skin
tones are "in" now.
Mark Rabiner