Subject: RE: [Leica] M6 film loading
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 10:08:27 -0600

>>snip<
>>Any Leica  range finder camera always had  and still has  by far the worst
>and
>>most idiotic type of film loading system devised by man.  Nothing can top
>this.
>>Horst Schmidt
>>

>No, that distinction would actually belong to the old Nikon F, a camera many
>of us did and still love.  Ask any old Nikon user...well, user of old
>Nikons...where she or he stashed the removable back while changing films.
>
>	Buzz Hausner

I held mine under the small finger of my left hand while the thumb of
that hand held the film cassette in the body.  My right hand tucked the
leader into the take-up spool and wound on.  First by turning the spool a
bit, then the wind lever slightly. I found this to be the easiest,
fastest, surest loading camera ever for me. But, put a motor on it and
you're screwed.

I traded it for some new AF stuff. I miss it. Now that this comes up I
want it back.:(

Henry