Subject: Re: [Leica] Loading the film
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@club-internet.fr>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 10:03:17 +0100

>I just bought a new M6 and the seller asked me to call when it arrived
>and he would walk me through the film loading. Now I thought that seemed
>pretty silly, but called anyway. Boy was I supprised. Since all this
>happened this week I thought I'd write it down before I forgot it. This
>is going to sound very elementary but I'm trying to paraphrase as
>closely as possible.
>
>0) empty the camera of the previous film if necessary
>13) advance the film and release the shutter (for two frames) - check
>that the rewind crank is turning with each film advance.
>14) enjoy .... just so we didn't have to end with 13.
>
>Regards,
>
>Roger
>
>PS: I'm really looking forward to the new M6 Classic and 35mm Summicron
>ASPH. Now what to do with my M3.

roger,

that is the procedure i always follow (it pretty much reads like that in
the manual), and it always works. i'm relatively new to the m6 - got mine
in feb of this year - and have never had a problem loading the film, though
the process did seem complicated at first (thirteen...i mean fourteen steps
to basically say: put it the film, close the back and shoot).

now, if you're still in doubt as to what to do with that m3, e-mail me
privately and i'll give you an address where you can send it...

guy ..?) (still working on the happy face)