Subject: Re: [Leica] Loading the film
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 18:27:02 -0700

"Roger L. Bunting" wrote:

> I just bought a new M6 and the seller asked me to call when it arrived
> and he would walk me through the film loading. Now I thought that seemed
> pretty silly, but called anyway. Boy was I supprised. Since all this
> happened this week I thought I'd write it down before I forgot it. This
> is going to sound very elementary but I'm trying to paraphrase as
> closely as possible.
>
> 0) empty the camera of the previous film if necessary
><snip>
> 14) enjoy .... just so we didn't have to end with 13.
>
> All of this is just to ensure that the take up sprockets are engaged,
> the film is correctly positioned between the rails and everything is
> tensioned properly so the film doesn't flex and disengage the takeup
> when you close the doors. Watching the rewind lever move on the initial
> advance is just old hat.
>
> Anyway, FWIW....
>
> Regards,
>
> Roger
><snip>
I was just wondering about the thought of investing in a company that
would make a camera that would be that hard to load!?
If you get tired of the 13 step plan get your hands on the little white
book that comes with a new camera and just follow that possibly 3 step
procedure which for me and many of us works fine.
Mark Rabiner