Subject: Re: [Leica] Med Format (was: Have High Hopes for Heliar)
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 13:48:59 -0700

InfinityDT@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/27/99 3:45:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> harrison@mcclary.net writes:
>
> <<  Love that
>  Rolleiflex, fun to use, not as fun as the M6, but tons more fun that the
>  Hassy. >>
>
> Simply put, it's beyond my capability to get a critically-sharp image
> handheld with a Hasselblad at any shutter speed with any lens, except indoors
> with flash.  The Rolleiflex is a whole 'nother ballgame.  *Big* difference
> between THUNK and 'tick'.  I gifted my 2.8F Planar with a Beattie screen, and
> although I have an eyelevel prism, on the Rollei (*unlike* the Blad) you can
> see the whole screen through the w.l. magnifier so you can shoot at "neck
> level".  But, as you said, not as fun as the M6.
>
> DT

It's a whole different kind of fun! You're darn hard on that poor
Hasselblad! Don't forget that mirror slap up side button! This
indispensable feature is very usable hand held! And fun!
This whole LUG versus RUG versus HUG makes for interesting threads but
those poor RUG and HUG people are missing out on the action which mostly
takes place here. As I've said before I've learned as much about
Hasselblad and Rolleiflex in our Leica List as on their rightful lists.
I wish there was some way to consolidate, integrate, masticate!
I think Marc, Peter and the RUG's would fill you in on better options
than the Beattie!
Mark Rabiner