Subject: [Leica] Re: OT: Good starter body
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 09:12:47 -0700

I got my 14 year old son (many years ago) a well used (VG to Ex-) Leicaflex
SL and 50mm Summicron. Mechanics and glass were perfect, but looked very
well used. He learned on the best and had to learn the craft of photography
because of no automation. He now has an R4sP and several lenses. And knows
from experience the value of Leica.

Jim

At 08:08 AM 6/27/99 -0400, you wrote:

>> Dear LUGgers,
>>
>> I hate to overburden those of you who hate to discuss anything but leica,
>> but I'm pleading for the help of the experts here.....
>>
>> I'm looking for a camera for my girlfriend.  I remember a post some time
>> back about advice for buying a good pocket point and shoot.  You all had
>> some marvelous suggestions.  Well, now my S.O. has the camera bug.  She's
>> looking for a good manual 35mm SLR for around 200-300 dollars.  We've
looked
>> at Canon AE, Nikon FE2, F3.  She liked the F3, but the price is a bit high.
>> Her requirements are:
>>
>> 1. good glass.
>> 2. Easy to read meter(led preferred over needle)
>> 3. Good sturdy body with solid feel, manual film advance
preferred(that's MY